Here at theEword, we pride ourselves on being welcoming and inclusive of everyone. Unfortunately, a quarter of LGBTQ+ workers don’t feel like they can be open to colleagues about their sexuality, and that’s simply unacceptable!
We decided to see just what is really going on in the workplace, so we asked people the following questions:
- What does it mean to you to be out at work/best thing about being out at work?
- Have you ever experienced homophobia in the workplace in the past or during your career? Or know anyone who has?
- Do you think enough is being done to combat this?
- What advice would you give to young LGBTQ+ professionals in your industry?
- What are your hopes for the future of LGBTQ+ in the workplace?
And this is what we found:
What do you think? Is enough being done? What advice would you give?
Let us know by tweeting @theEword using #TakePrideInYourWork
Also, be sure to check out our PRIDE 2017 hub to see the other campaigns that we've put together in order to celebrate Manchester PRIDE 2017.